Fernandina Beach, FL. -Southwick Associates has announced the 2016 top brands for many angling product categories. This list has been compiled from the internet-based surveys completed in 2016 by AnglerSurvey.com panels. Alabama based Frogg Toggs took first place in the Top Rain Gear Brand category.
In 2016, the most frequently purchased tackle brands included:
* Top combo brand: Shakespeare
* Top spinner bait: Strike King
* Top swivel brand: Eagle Claw
* Top leader brand: Seaguar
* Top fly reel brand: Orvis
* Top fly tying material brand: Hareline Dubbin
* Top fish finder brand: Humminbird
* Top clothing brand: Columbia
* Top rain gear brand: Frogg Toggs
* Top fishing net brand: Frabill
* Top knives brand: Rapala
The list above is only a fraction of all fishing products tracked in the Southwick Associates bi-monthly consumer panel surveys. Aside from brand purchased, information also includes the percentage of product purchases across different retail channels, total spending and average price paid by product, and demographics for anglers buying specific products. In addition, Southwick Associates tracks angler participation information including total days spent fishing, type of fishing (fresh, salt and more), preferred species, and where they go.