It’s hard to believe that 8 years ago veteran fly fishing industry professional Frank Smith of Hunter Banks Company in Asheville, NC, had an idea to create an opportunity to showcase the unique and diverse fly fishing community of Western North Carolina. Along with the help of Expo Manager Reba Brinkman, this fly fishing expo has been a success year after year and has grown into the fly fishing event to attend in the Southeast! The Western North Carolina Fly Fishing Expo features local and regional fly fishing industry leaders and celebrates the culture of Southern fly fishing. From the “never-evers” to the seasoned anglers, there is something for every angling skill level at this event.
This year’s expo will be Dec. 2-3, at the WNC Ag Center, in Asheville, NC. Throughout the two days, you can learn new skills and techniques to take anyone’s angling experience to the next level! Each day will feature expert speakers that will share their secrets to success on the water.
Reasons to come to the WNC Fly Fishing Expo, all included in the price of admission:
· Orvis 101 classes: Learn the Basics of fly fishing
· Fly Tying Clinics: From the Novice to Advanced, tiers will be available to help you sharpen your skill.
· Fly Casting: From learning how to cast a fly rod to improving upon your skill level, certified casting instructors will be available to teach you.
· Meet Fly shops from around the region: Every fly shop has a niche and this expo gives you the opportunity to meet all of them under one roof.
· Gear Manufactures: Reps will be showing the latest innovation in fly fishing gear.
· Find special deals on everything fly fishing!
· Meet the areas fly fishing organizations: Casting Carolinas, Project Healing Waters, Trout Unlimited and many more!